Do people resist change? The consensus appears to be that they do.
- Changing Minds (many articles)
- Prosci (models, tools, training)
- Harvard Business Review, “How to deal with resistance to change”
- Forbes, “Overcome the 5 main reasons people resist change”
- Human Resources at about.com, “How to reduce resistance to change”
- Small Business Chron, “How to overcome resistance to change in an organization”
- Computer Weekly, “How do I overcome resistance to change?”
- Paycor, “Change management in the workplace: Why do employees resist it?”
- “Overcoming resistance to change – isn’t it obvious?” (Video, script by Eliayu Goldratt and Ilan Eshkoli)
Well, with all that consensus floating around, I guess resistance to change must be a Thing. It’s hard to argue with a million articles that all say the same things.
On the other hand…not everyone sees it that way.